The degree of heat in this mouthwatering Spicy Chicken Pasta is just right, and the dish is packed to the gills with flavor. It’s not only simple, but also rich, hearty, and delectable.
Ingredients for Spicy Chicken Pasta
|Chicken Breast, at room temp||250g|
|Olive Oil||2 tsp|
|Smoked Paprika||1/2 tsp|
|Cayenne Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Black Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Heavy/Double Cream||2/3 cup|
|Chicken Stock||1/3 cup|
|Dry White Wine||1/4 cup|
|Parmesan, finely grated||30g|
|Sun Dried Tomatoes, finely diced||60g|
|Tomato Puree (tomato paste in US)||2 tbsp|
|Fresh Parsley, finely diced||1 tbsp|
|Onion, finely diced||1|
|Garlic, minced||1 tbsp|
|Chilli Flakes||1/2 tsp|
|Salt & Pepper, to taste|
Preparation for Spicy Chicken Pasta
- Mix together in a small bowl two teaspoons of olive oil, one half teaspoon each of smoked paprika and cayenne pepper, and one quarter teaspoon each of salt and black pepper.
- Perform a full-through butterfly cut on your chicken breast to separate it into two even-sized pieces. Marinate in a hot sauce and coat.
- Put in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat for three minutes on each side, or until well blackened and just cooked through the middle.
- Put to the side, and when you’re ready, slice the chicken into thin strips, making sure to cut against the grain of the chicken and at a small angle.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 1 tablespoon of butter as you use a wooden spoon to scrape the flavor off the chicken as it cooks. Fry your onion until it begins to soften and develop color, then remove it from the pan.
- After cooking for an additional one to two minutes, stir in one teaspoon of garlic and half a teaspoon of chili flakes. Continue to fry for a further minute before adding sun-dried tomatoes.
- Fry for an additional minute only to soften them, and then add a quarter cup or sixty milliliters of dry white wine. Wait until the wine has entirely reduced before serving.
- In the meantime, place pasta into a pot of salted water and boil until al dente. At the very end of the cooking process, set aside one cup of the starchy pasta water.
- To the pan, add 2 tablespoons of tomato puree. Fry this for two minutes, and then deglaze the pan with one-third of a cup or eighty milliliters of chicken stock.
- Pour in 2/3 cup (160 ml) of heavy cream or double cream, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the mixture after adding the pasta with the help of spaghetti tongs.
- Include your chicken strips, along with 1 ounce of freshly grated parmesan and 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley.
- Repeat the tossing step to ensure even coating, and if necessary, use the starchy pasta water to thicken the sauce.
This is utterly delectable in every way. The best pasta dish I have ever made. This is a pasta meal that I will surely make again in the near future.
I rate it 5/5 . It has an incredible taste. Give it a shot once.