The outside of these mashed potatoes cooked in an air fryer is wonderfully crunchy, while the inside is light and fluffy. A deliciously crisp, buttery, and tasty starter or side dish that can be served with any meal!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
|gold potatoes||1 lb|
|olive oil||2 Tbsp|
|garlic powder||1/2 tsp|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|fresh parsley||2 Tbsp|
Preparation for Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Over high heat, bring a kettle of water to a boil, then stir in the equivalent of two tablespoons’ worth of salt. In the meanwhile, wash and rinse the potatoes before adding them to the water that is already boiling.
- Cooking time will range from 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. They ought to be thoroughly cooked and should easily cut with a fork.
- Alternately, you may either microwave them or air fried them. When the potatoes are done cooking, rinse them in a strainer and then set them aside for five minutes so that they may be handled without risk of injury.
- In the meanwhile, prepare your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and brush it with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- The potatoes should be “smashed” using the bottom of a cup or a serving fork after they have been transferred to a large sheet pan. The potatoes will have a crispier texture and flavor if they are sliced thinner.
- Use a healthy amount of salt and pepper in your dish.
- Begin by drizzling the mixture with the melted butter, then go on to the olive oil.
- After that, finish by seasoning with pepper, half a teaspoon of salt, and garlic powder.
- If you use a spatula to put the mashed potatoes in the basket of the preheated air fryer, take care that they do not touch one another, since this will prevent the potatoes from becoming crispy.
- Fry the potatoes in an air fryer for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are very crispy and golden.
- Do not attempt to turn them in while they are cooking! To serve, bring to a boil and top with chopped parsley and coarse sea salt flakes, if preferred.
You might also love to try Habanero Mango Salsa Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. I mean, really, have a look at the photographs; don’t they seem absolutely scrumptious and make your mouth water?
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a comment and rate it at the bottom of this page. This is definitely a must-try dish.