Badam Halwa, also known as Badam ka Halwa, is a traditional and decadent Indian dessert recipe that is prepared in an instant pot or pressure cooker using almond flour, milk, sugar, and a significant amount of ghee.
Ingredients for Badam Halwa using Almond flour
|Ghee divided||¼ cup + 2 tablespoons|
|Almond flour (meal)||1 cup|
|Milk or water, (1 cup for stovetop pot)||1 ¼ cups|
|Sugar (Or stevia)||½ cup|
|Saffron soaked in 1 tablespoon of warm milk||a big pinch|
|Cardamom powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||2 tablespoon|
Preparation for Badam Halwa using Almond flour
- Before beginning, ensure that all of the components of the Instant Pot have been properly sterilized.
- The saucepan should have two teaspoons of ghee or clarified butter added to it before you press the SAUTE button.
- After that, add the almond flour and continue to sauté for another two minutes, or until the almond flour no longer smells raw.
- Note: To prevent anything from catching fire, stir constantly.
- After that, pour in the milk, saffron milk, and sugar, and mix vigorously to prevent lumps.
- In order to avoid a BURN notification, you should deglaze the pot and check that it does not have any bits stuck to it.
- Turn the pressure valve to the Sealing position, then close the Instant Pot. Prepare using the High Pressure setting for 0 minutes.
- Do a quick release of the pressure as soon as the pot begins to beep (QR).
- Cook the halwa until it reaches the desired consistency, then stir in the cardamom powder and any residual ghee. Maintain a Constant Stir
- Note that it takes approximately 8–10 minutes for the liquid to decrease to the consistency of pudding.
- As it cools, halwa becomes more viscous. Therefore, after the desired consistency has been reached, remove the bowl from the instant pot. Because of the high temperature, if you leave it in the instant pot it will become tough and chewy.
- Pistachio and almond slivers can be used as a garnish for Badam Halwa, which can be served either warm or at room temperature.
You might also love to try Watermelon Juice with Mint and Lime Recipe
The Badam Halwa recipe was successful in producing a delicious dessert. A sugary dessert that is just delicious can be made with only a few simple ingredients. I love it.
I will give it a score of 5/5. If you have a need for something sweet, you can also try your hand at making this recipe.