This bowl of BBQ chickpeas and vegetables is another fan-favorite take on the classic combination of grains, beans, and vegetables. These roasted vegetables are delicious in their own right.
Ingredients for BBQ Chickpeas and Rice Veggie Bowl
|Chickpeas drained and rinsed||1 can|
|Broccoli chopped into bite-sized florets||1 head|
|Bell peppers color of your choice, seeded and sliced||2|
|Red onion halved and sliced||1|
|Olive oil||2 tbs|
|Salt or to taste||1/4 tsp|
|Pepper or to taste||1/4 tsp|
|Cooked brown rice||2 cup|
|Avocado peel and pit removed, diced||1|
|Cilantro chopped||1/4 cup|
|BBQ sauce either homemade or store-bought (see notes)||1 cup|
Preparation for BBQ Chickpeas and Rice Veggie Bowl
- Turn the temperature on the oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Prepare two baking sheets with rims by lining them with parchment paper.
- On the baking sheet, spread out the chickpeas as well as the broccoli, bell peppers, and onion. Toss to coat with olive oil, then season with salt & pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place them in a single layer that is uniform in height. Roast the vegetables for twenty minutes, then stir them and switch the pans in the oven so that the one that was on top is now on the bottom.
- Continue roasting for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chickpeas have reached the desired crispiness and the vegetables have developed a charred appearance (they will continue to crisp up as they sit).
- Each of the four dishes should have a half cup of cooked rice added to it. The roasted vegetables, avocado, and cilantro should each receive an equal amount of each ingredient. BBQ sauce should be drizzled over the meat.
You might also love to try Zucchini Tortillas Recipe
I won’t even grumble about it! This dish is a winner because to its irresistible roasted vegetables and sweet and tangy barbecue sauce.
I rate it a perfect 5/5. It is just yum. You guys really ought to give it a shot at least once.