You might want to rethink having tacos for breakfast, lunch, and dinner after trying these simple Zucchini Tortillas.
Ingredients for Zucchini Tortillas
|zucchini or other summer squash||1 to 1.25 lbs|
|Kosher salt||1 teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese, a packed 1/2 cup||2 ounces|
Preparation for Zucchini Tortillas
- Using a box grater or the shredder attachment on a food processor, grated the zucchini into a coarse consistency. Place the strands inside of a sieve with a very fine mesh, and then place the sieve over a basin. The salt should be sprinkled over the top, then tossed to evenly distribute it. At least 15 minutes should be allowed to pass for the liquid to drain.
- Put the oven temperature on 450 degrees. Prepare an extra-large sheet pan or two pans of a more typical size by lining them with parchment paper.
- To extract the maximum amount of moisture from the zucchini, squeeze it and then press it against the sieve. When you are finished squeezing the lemon, you should have between a half and three quarters of a cup of liquid.
- After they have been drained, the strands of zucchini should be transferred to a large bow. After adding the egg and the parmesan, mix the ingredients by stirring with a spatula.
- To divide the zucchini tortilla batter into approximately five mounds, use a measuring cup with a 1/4-cup capacity. As you portion the batter, move each mound to the prepared sheet pan, making care to leave even space between each mound. Each mound should be flattened out into a thin circle that is between 6 and 7 inches in diameter.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges start to get crisp and the surface of each tortilla is dotted with golden patches of parmesan cheese that is browning.
- After allowing the tortillas to cool for one minute on the sheet pan, remove each tortilla with care and place it on a plate so that it can cool completely.
- To freeze the tortillas, place them in a bag that can’t be opened and then put them in the freezer for up to three months.
You might also love to try Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
This was very simple to put together yet turned out to be delicious. This dish will definitely be making an appearance in the future.
I would rate it a perfect 5/5. I just love it. You ought to additionally test it out in your own home.