The tastiest chicken fajita tacos that are also simple to prepare, do not contain gluten, and are packed with flavor. These chicken fajitas made in one pan are likely to become your go-to meal for supper because to the genuine flavors that are packed into them.
Ingredients for Chicken Fajita Tacos
|Ingredients (Chicken Tacos)||Quantity|
|chicken breasts, skinless and boneless||3|
|olive oil||1 Tbsp|
|yellow onion, thinly sliced||1|
|bell peppers, red, yellow, green, thinly sliced||3|
|fresh cilantro, chopped||¼ cup|
|corn, flour, or whole wheat tortillas||8 – 10|
|Ingredients (Fajita Seasoning)||Quantity|
|chili powder||2 tsp|
|ground cumin||2 tsp|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
Preparation for Chicken Fajita Tacos
- Put all of the fajita spice ingredients into a small dish, mix them together, then place the bowl to the side.
- Put the chicken breasts on some paper towels and dry them off well. Then, using your fingers, apply half of the seasoning over both sides of the chicken breasts so that it is uniformly distributed. Put the remainder aside for a later time!
- Warm up one tablespoon of olive oil in a big sauté pan and set the heat to medium. Sear the chicken breasts for 7 to 8 minutes on each side after placing them in the pan.
- As soon as the chicken is cooked through, take it from the pan and set it aside to rest for five minutes on a platter. This will guarantee that they are really juicy.
- Onion and bell peppers should then be added to the pan and cooked over a medium heat. Sauté the remaining seasoning for a further four to five minutes, or until the vegetables have become softer.
- Make sure you stir them constantly to prevent them from burning. After the chicken has had some time to rest, the breasts should be sliced very carefully into very thin strips.
- Place the chicken pieces back into the pan with the onions and bell peppers. Stir to combine. Lime juice and chopped cilantro should be added, then stirred together.
- Serve right away with corn or flour tortillas, salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole, along with any other toppings you choose.
You might also love to try Broccolini Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. When prepared in the style of tacos, fajitas are much easier to prepare and more enjoyable to consume than they already are on their own.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.