The ideal choice for a light and nutritious side dish, this warm broccolini salad is cooked with a homemade apple cider vinaigrette and requires very little effort. This is one of my go-to salad recipes, and it has grapes, walnuts, and red onion as some of its key ingredients.
Ingredients for Broccolini Salad
|large garlic cloves, minced||2 – 3|
|red onion, finely diced||¼ cup|
|walnuts, halved||⅓ cup|
|red seedless grapes, cut in half||1 – 1.5 cups|
|Ingredients (Simple Vinaigrette)||Quantity|
|olive oil||2 tbsp|
|apple cider vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Dijon mustard||1 tsp|
|honey||1 – 2 tbsp|
|red chili flakes, optional for spice||1 tsp|
Preparation for Broccolini Salad
- Remove the base of the broccolini stalks by cutting them off about one inch above the ground.
- After that, place one tablespoon of olive oil in a big sauté pan and heat it over medium heat.
- When the oil is sufficiently heated, add the broccolini to the pan. Sauté the florets for five to seven minutes, turning them occasionally with tongs, until they develop a light sear.
- Include the minced garlic as well as the salt in the dish. Sauté the garlic for thirty seconds to one minute, stirring it occasionally, until its aroma is released.
- Water should be added once the heat has been reduced to medium-low. Cook the broccoli for three to five minutes with the cover on the pan, stirring it occasionally, until it is brilliant green in color but retains some of its crunch.
- In the meanwhile, make the dressing by placing all of the ingredients in a small dish and whisking them together. Try it out, then make any required adjustments to the seasonings.
- Add an additional tablespoon of apple cider vinegar if you want the dressing to have more of a bite to it.
- When the broccolini is finished cooking, transfer it to a large mixing bowl or a serving tray, and then add the grapes, walnuts, and red onion to the bowl. Vinaigrette and lemon juice should be used to coat the salad.
- Serve right away, and have fun with it!
You might also love to try Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. This broccolini salad dish is simple to prepare and has a taste profile that is very mouthwatering. The sweetness comes from the grapes, the nuttiness from the walnuts, and the greatest tang comes from the lemon. It is toasty, it is comforting, and it really makes your mouth wet.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.