This warm and comfortable chicken pot pie soup without the crust is sure to be a hit with everyone. It can be ready in less than half an hour, is high in protein, and has rotisserie chicken and sweet potatoes as main ingredients. A delicious and wholesome supper that only requires one pot. There is no need for a pie crust!
Ingredients for Crustless Chicken Pot Pie
|Butter||1 – 2 tbsp|
|Large Celery Sticks||2|
|Large Garlic Cloves||3|
|Wheat Flour||⅓ cup|
|Low-sodium Chicken Stock||4 cup|
|Sweet Potatoes||1 ½ cups|
|Black Pepper||½ tsp|
|Fresh Thyme||1 – 2 tbsp|
|Cooked Shredded Chicken||3 – 4 cups|
|Frozen Peas||1 cup|
|Fresh Parsley||¼ cup|
|Baby Spinach||2 – 4 cups|
Preparation for Crustless Chicken Pot Pie
- Butter should be heated over medium-low heat in a big saucepan or dutch oven. After the butter has melted, add the chopped onion, carrots, and celery, and continue to simmer for another six to eight minutes until the vegetables have become soft and wilted.
- Mix it up around once every minute. Add the minced garlic during the last thirty seconds of cooking and mix to incorporate.
- After adding the flour, continue mixing the veggies until they are all evenly covered. Give it a minute to “cook” before proceeding.
You might also love to try Crustless Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Mix in the sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, and thyme along with the chicken stock and milk. After giving everything a good stir, bring it up to a boil, then decrease the heat and allow the soup simmer for 15–20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked enough to pierce with a fork.
- Make careful to give the pot a stir around every four minutes to prevent anything from adhering to the bottom. Mix in the cooked chicken shreds, frozen peas, chopped parsley, and, if desired, some baby spinach. Let everything boil for 5 more minutes.
- Perform a thorough taste test, then make any necessary adjustments to the seasoning.
- After removing from the heat, serve with a handmade biscuit, garlic bread, or a piece of toasted bread that has been buttered. You may try these biscuits made with almond milk or these biscuits cooked in an air fryer. Enjoy!
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.