As a simple and delicious side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other holiday, try these maple-roasted brussels sprouts topped with crispy bacon and toasted nuts. This tasty and simple dish is ideal for any event that calls for food to be served in large quantities since it is perfectly flavored with cinnamon and mildly sweetened with maple syrup.
Ingredients for Healthy Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Bacon
|olive oil or avocado oil||2 Tbsp|
|maple syrup||2 Tbsp|
|ground cinnamon||1 tsp|
|black pepper||1 tsp|
|uncooked bacon||4 – 5 oz|
Preparation for Healthy Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Bacon
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the trimmed and halved brussels sprouts, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until everything is evenly distributed and thoroughly blended.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet in an even layer, then put it in the oven for around 40 to 45 minutes. In the meanwhile, prepare another baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place five to six pieces of bacon in a single oven rack and cook for about 25 minutes, or until the bacon has reached the desired level of crispiness.
- Alternately, you may prepare the food on the stove top in accordance with the directions provided on the box. Keep an eye on the bacon to prevent it from becoming too dark.
- After the bacon has reached the desired level of crispiness, remove it to a paper towel and pat out as much of the oil as you can before chopping it and setting it aside.
- Toast your pecans in the oven for around three to four minutes after the second baking sheet has been covered with fresh parchment paper.
- When the Brussels sprouts are finished roasting, move them to a large serving dish, and then gently stir in the chopped bacon and toasted walnuts. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Healthy Cinnamon Maple Acorn Squash Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. This dish for maple roasted brussels sprouts has the ideal balance of spices, is naturally sweetened, and is absolutely mouthwatering.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.