Tater tots made from roasted sweet potatoes that are both fluffy and crunchy and are really simple to prepare. This flavorful and healthy side dish is the ideal healthier alternative to traditional tater tots and works well as an appetizer. Serve with ketchup on the side, or use it as a side dish for brunch, breakfast, or even supper!
Ingredients for Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Tater Tots
|coconut flour||1 Tbsp|
|garlic powder||½ tsp|
|onion powder||¼ tsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
Preparation for Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Tater Tots
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and spraying it with olive oil.
- In a saucepan of suitable size, bring the water to a boil. Cook sweet potatoes for 12 to 14 minutes after peeling them. Should be delicate enough to cut with a fork but still have some bite (do not overcook). Drain, then let it cool.
- Grate the potatoes using a box grater after they are cold enough to the touch. Add some salt, then let it rest for five minutes so that the salt can suck out the moisture.
- IMPORTANT: When everything is finished, place the sweet potato mixture between two pieces of paper towel and firmly press it in order to remove any excess moisture.
- Combine in a large bowl with the coconut flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Create 25 to 30 “tots” that are around 1 inch in size each.
- To bake, spread out evenly over a baking sheet that has been lined. Olive oil should be drizzled or sprayed over the tots. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Spread the food out evenly in the air fryer basket. Olive oil should be drizzled or sprayed over the tots. Air-fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for eight to ten minutes.
- Serve hot with ketchup on the side for dipping (this step is optional), and savor every bite!
You might also love to try Healthy Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Bacon Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. These tots are not only healthy because they are baked or air-fried rather than fried, but also because they are prepared using sweet potatoes rather than white potatoes.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.