By creating them using a Keto fathead dough, we have created a Keto version of traditional Indian cuisine. The fathead dough is formed into triangles, which are then wrapped around a low-carb filling that is made out of a blend of spicy cauliflower. The cauliflower mixture is prepared by first sautéing onions, followed by adding cauliflower rice that has been seasoned with warm Indian spices such as garam masala, fresh ginger root, ground coriander, ground cumin, and red chili flakes. The mixture is then allowed to cook until it reaches the desired consistency. After the mixture has been cooked, some freshly cut cilantro is stirred into the dish and given a sprinkle. The filling is encased in the fathead dough that is used for keto fatheads. The samosas are roasted till they reach a lovely golden brown color in the oven.
Ingredients for Keto Samosas
|Mozzarella cheese||1.5 cup, shredded|
|Cream cheese||2 oz|
|Egg whites||1 large|
|Coconut flour||6 tsp|
|Cauliflower rice||6 oz|
|Garam masala||0.25 tsp|
|Coriander Seed Ground Or Whole Dried||0.25 tsp|
|Cumin, ground||0.25 tsp|
|Chilli Flakes / Red Pepper Flakes||0.25 tsp|
Preparation for Keto Samosas
- Turn the oven temperature up to 350 degrees F. In a bowl that is safe to be heated in the microwave, mix together the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese to make the fathead dough. To make the cheese easier to spread, heat it in the microwave on high for one minute. The egg white and the coconut flour should be added to this mixture. Make sure there are no lumps or dry areas caused by the flour by stirring it really thoroughly to mix everything.
- After it has reached room temperature, remove the dough from the refrigerator. If you follow these steps, the dough will become more stable and manageable as a result. The dough should not be heated and should be at room temperature. It should also be malleable.
- While the dough is chilling, bring a saute pan of approximately medium size up to temperature over medium-high heat. After adding one tablespoon of ghee, move the pan around so that the fat spreads evenly. After adding the onions, stir them for about a minute, or until they become translucent. Add the cauliflower rice as well as the spices, which should include the garam masala, ginger root that has been minced, coriander seed that has been ground, cumin that has been crushed, and red chili flakes. If you want more heat, feel free to increase the number of chili flakes in the recipe by one half, or leave them out entirely. Cook the mixture for around two to three minutes, or until the majority of the water has been extracted from the rice. Be sure to give it a good stir so that it can aid with the process. Give the mixture some time to cool.
- The fathead dough should be cut into eight equal pieces. Position a single piece of dough in the middle of two silicone mats. Use a rolling pin to gently roll the piece until it has about the shape of a square and is about one quarter of an inch thick.
- To remove the top silicone mat without disturbing the dough that is adhered to the bottom mat, gently peel aside the top silicone mat. To make the filling, place some of the cauliflower rice within the dough. You will fold the square piece of dough upon itself to form a triangle using the bottom silicone mat.
- The square should then be folded in half diagonally using the bottom silicone mat as a guide. At this stage, it will not appear to be a triangle any longer. Make the sides of the rectangle into a triangle by using the side of a butter knife that has a blunt edge.
- Using your damp fingertips, press down on the edges to close the package. Place the triangle on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. It is necessary to repeat this process with the remaining portions of dough.
- There is a possibility that you will have some of the cauliflower filling remaining, and that is fine. It won’t have much of an impact on the macros. Samosas should be baked for 22 to 25 minutes, or until they reach a golden brown color. Before serving, let the dish come to room temperature.
You might also love to try Keto Brown Sugar Vanilla Lassi Recipe
This recipe for keto somosas is just wonderful. incredibly tasty as well as being good for you. The flavors are exquisite in every way.
I rate it 5/5. You really ought to give it a shot as well.