This lemon pound cake recipe is prepared with healthful and easy-to-find ingredients like Greek yogurt, honey, and almond flour, and it rivals the quality of the one sold at Starbucks. It has a sour flavor and is very simple to prepare. It has a lot of moisture. The ideal choice for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert!
Ingredients for Lemon pound cake
|Flours||1 ¼ cup|
|Baking Powder||2 tsp|
|Granulated Sugar||⅓ cup|
|Fresh Lemon Zest||1 ½ tbsp|
|Greek Yogurt||¾ cup|
|Unsalted Butter or Coconut Oil||¼ cup|
|Vanilla Extract||½ tsp|
Preparation for Lemon pound cake
- Prepare a loaf pan that is 9 inches by 5 inches and is lined with parchment paper. The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the all-purpose flour, the almond flour, and the baking powder together in a basin that is about the size of a mixing bowl. After you have certain that all of the clumps have been removed, put it to the side.
- Sugar and lemon zest should be combined in a separate basin and whisked together. After ensuring that they are well mixed together, add the eggs, honey, Greek yogurt, melted butter, and vanilla extract and stir until everything is evenly distributed. Mix the dry ingredients until they are almost completely incorporated into the wet ones. Take care not to overmix!
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan that has been oiled. Bake for forty to fifty minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. It took me around 47 minutes to bake mine.
You might also want to try Lemon pound cake Recipe
- Wait until the loaf has fully cooled in the pan before attempting to remove it.
- To make the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice together in a bowl using a whisk until there are no more clumps. You may need to add a little bit more powdered sugar if the consistency is too runny. If it is too thick, you may thin it down by adding a little bit more lemon juice. The glazing need to have a “thicker” consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze on top of the cooled pound cake and sprinkle with extra lemon zest. Enjoy!
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Any leftovers should be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for the best possible outcomes.