This creamy, nutritious, and warm pumpkin-sweet potato soup can be made in about 30 minutes. The ideal comfort food, made with ginger, warm spices, fresh vegetables, coconut milk, and coconut.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup
|extra-virgin olive oil||1 – 2 tbsp|
|red apple||1 cup|
|garlic cloves||2 – 3|
|freshly grated ginger||1 tsp|
|fresh sage||1 tbsp|
|ground cinnamon||¼ tsp|
|vegetable broth or chicken broth||4 cups|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|pumpkin puree||15oz can|
|unsweetened coconut milk||14oz can|
|apple cider vinegar||1 tbsp|
Preparation for Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup
- Heat oil in a sizable Dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat. Add the apple, sweet potato, and onion after everything is ready.
- Cook the onions for 5 to 8 minutes, or until they are softened and just beginning to become translucent.
- Add the minced garlic, ginger, sage, cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Give the sweet potatoes a light swirl to evenly coat, then heat until aromatic for an additional 30 to 60 seconds. Next, add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, and vegetable broth.
- Add the vinegar after stirring everything together and simmering for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transferring delicately to a blender (work in batches if necessary).
- Blend on high until the mixture is flawless. If the consistency of your soup is too thick, add up to 1 cup of water, 1/4 cup at a time, until it is the way you like it.
- As desired, taste and adjust the seasonings. If preferred, garnish with the extra coconut milk, freshly ground black pepper, fried sage leaves, and roasted pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Air Fryer Baby Carrots Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. I’m basically the happiest person ever when it’s cold outside and I’m eating pumpkin soup!
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.