This tasty and nutritious cauliflower, leek, and potato soup that is made in just one pot is ready in less than half an hour. It’s the consummately reassuring dish, what with the crumbled bacon and melted cheddar cheese on top. There is no need to use heavy cream!
Ingredients for Cauliflower Leek Potato Soup
|cloves garlic||3 – 4|
|head of cauliflower||1|
|dried thyme||1 tsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|vegetable broth or chicken broth||4 – 5 cups|
|white wine vinegar||1 tbsp|
Preparation for Cauliflower Leek Potato Soup
- Butter should be heated over medium-low heat in a big saucepan or dutch oven.
- After the butter has melted, add the leeks and continue cooking for another ten minutes, until the leeks are tender and wilted.
- Turn down the heat if they are being browned too rapidly. In the last one minute, add the garlic that has been minced and whisk it all together.
- The cauliflower, potatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper should all be added along with the liquid.
- After giving everything a good stir, turn the heat up to medium-low, and simmer the mixture for 15–20 minutes, or until the cauliflower and potatoes are both very tender. After that, mix in the vinegar well.
- Carefully move the contents into a blender (work in batches if necessary).
- Blend on high speed until everything is very smooth. If the soup you’re making is too thick, you may thin it out by adding up to one cup of broth or water, a quarter cup at a time, until it’s the consistency you want.
- Taste the dish, and make any necessary adjustments to the spices. You have the choice of garnishing the dish with freshly chopped chives or green onion, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, or all of the above. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. On a winter day, there is nothing cozier than a bowl of potato soup to warm you up from the inside out. But I have to be honest and say that most of the recipes call for a lot of heavy ingredients like cream, butter, and cheese.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.