The most delicious and healthy scalloped sweet potatoes with cheese! They are covered in a luxurious and creamy garlic sauce, and then gruyère cheese is melted on top of them.
Ingredients for Cheesy Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
|shallots, sliced thin||4|
|garlic cloves, minced||3 – 4|
|skim milk||1 ½ cups|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|arrowroot starch||1 tbsp|
|shredded gruyère||4 – 6 oz|
Preparation for Cheesy Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- Butter or olive oil spray can be used to lubricate a 9-by-13-inch baking dish before placing it in an oven preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To prepare the sweet potatoes, first remove the stem and end, and then slice the potatoes very thinly (to a thickness of about 1/8 of an inch). Put to the side for now.
- Preparing the Sauce : Melt one tablespoon of butter in a saucepan of medium size. To this, add garlic that has been minced and sliced shallots. Cook for three to five minutes, until it has a pleasant aroma and the shallots have become more tender. Add milk and whisk. To the pot, add some pepper, salt, thyme, and a bay leaf. Maintain a simmer for around 5 minutes. After stirring in the arrowroot starch, let the mixture simmer for an additional five minutes over medium-high heat until it has become more viscous and has an appetizing aroma.
- Assemble the pie by pouring a half cup of sauce onto the bottom of a pie dish that has been buttered. Then, arrange the sweet potatoes in the plate in a manner that would make them appear aesthetically pleasing. Spread the remaining sauce from the skillet all over the top of the sweet potatoes that you have prepared.
- Bake: Place the dish in the oven and cover it with aluminum foil. Bake for 30–35 minutes. Add Cheese: After removing the pan from the oven with care, sprinkle it with cheese, and then return it to the oven for another ten minutes with the cover off. Check to see if the cheese is bubbling and melted. When serving, garnish with additional thyme leaves for appearance.
You might also love to try Cauliflower Leek Potato Soup Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. These very fragrant, delicious, and simple scalloped sweet potatoes are made with cheese and are rich in richness.
The sweet potatoes have been cooked until tender and are smothered in a sauce made of butter, garlic, and cream cheese that has been melted. Heaven! I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.