Chicken that has been seared in a skillet in a very short amount of time and is accompanied by a flavorful pan sauce that is made with garlic and herbs and is sure to impress! A delicious chicken dish that is ideal for weeknights when time is limited.
Ingredients for Skillet Chicken with Garlic Herb Butter Sauce
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
|4 (6 oz)
|Minced garlic (4 cloves)
|1 1/2 Tbsp
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper
|Low-sodium chicken stock or dry white wine
|Unsalted butter, divided
|Chopped fresh sage
|Chopped freshy thyme
|Chopped fresh rosemary
Preparation for Skillet Chicken with Garlic Herb Butter Sauce
- Prepare a medium-high heat in a big skillet measuring 12 inches in diameter. To achieve a uniform thickness throughout the chicken, pound the thicker areas with the flat side of a meat mallet.
- After using paper towels to absorb excess moisture from the chicken, season it with salt and pepper on both sides. Add oil to skillet, then add chicken.
- Cook the chicken for approximately five to six minutes per side, or until an instant-read thermometer reveals an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Place on a platter and set aside.
- Reduce burner temperature slightly, then melt 1 1/2 Tbsp butter in same skillet. Sauté the garlic and sage until the garlic is a golden brown color, which should take around 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. The remaining pat of butter should be cut into three pieces before being added to the skillet along with the thyme and the rosemary. Stir until butter is melted.
- Place the chicken back in the pan and pour the sauce over it. To be served hot.
- You can save money by looking in the produce area for a pack of poultry herb blend, which will save you from having to buy all three ingredients separately. You are allowed to use any other herbs you choose in place of those listed here.
- Cooking Classy is the source of this recipe.
Believe me when I say that this is one chicken recipe that you do not want to pass up! You finish up with chicken breasts that are delightfully soft and juicy, as well as a sauce that people will want to eat by the spoonful.
It is incredibly satisfying to me personally, thus I really enjoy doing it. I rate it 5/5 . You guys really ought to give this recipe a shot and let us know what you think.