This dish for spicy chicken bulgogi is served in lettuce cups and is the ideal simple supper option that can be prepared in fifteen minutes. This chicken is already so tasty and juicy that there is no need to marinade it!
Ingredients for Spicy Chicken Bulgogi
|chicken breast, skinless and boneless, cut into 1-inch bite-size pieces||1 pound|
|olive oil||1 – 2 Tbsp|
|yellow onion, finely diced||1|
|head butter lettuce||1|
|white or brown rice, cooked||1 cup|
|green onions, thinly sliced||2|
|sesame seeds, optional topping||1 Tbsp|
|Ingredients (Bulgogi Sauce)||Quantity|
|low sodium soy sauce||¼ cup|
|cold water||1 -2 Tbsp|
|gochujang Korean chili paste||1 Tbsp|
|garlic cloves, minced||2|
|fresh ginger, grated||1 tsp|
|red chili flakes, based on desired spiciness||1 – 3 tsp|
|rice vinegar||1 Tbsp|
|sesame oil||1 tsp|
|honey, based on your desired sweetness level||1 – 2 Tbsp|
|arrowroot or tapioca starch, or corn starch||1 tsp|
Preparation for Spicy Chicken Bulgogi
- Warm up a big saute pan that has been coated with olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion for one to two minutes, or until it becomes transparent, after adding it.
- After adding the chicken, continue to cook for a total of 6–7 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the exterior.
- In the meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, water, gochujang chili paste, chopped garlic, grated ginger, and dried red chili flakes in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. honey, toasted sesame oil, vinegar, and arrowroot starch are the ingredients.
- TIP: begin with one teaspoon of red chili flakes, taste the sauce after it has simmered, and add more flakes if you want it to have a higher level of heat.
- As soon as the chicken is cooked to your liking, turn the heat down to low and drizzle the bulgogi sauce over the chicken. Combine all of the ingredients by stirring them together, then put the heat on low and simmer for approximately two to five minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Try it out, and if you want more heat, sprinkle on some more red chili flakes. A WARNING: Maintain a low heat setting or the sauce may get scorched.
- While that is going on, wash the lettuce, separate the big leaves from the head, and lay them out to dry on a paper towel.
- Each lettuce cup should have a few spoonfuls of rice added to it, then heated chicken, chopped green onions, and sesame seeds should be sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. They are simple to prepare, have an incredible taste, and are a lot of fun to eat.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.