Chicken jerky? Who would’ve guessed? Who would have thought that jerky could be made in an air fryer? This spicy snack requires some forward planning because the chicken needs some time to marinate before it is air-fried.
Ingredients for Spicy Chicken Jerky in the Air Fryer
|Boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
|mojo criollo marinade (such as Goya®)
Preparation for Spicy Chicken Jerky in the Air Fryer
- Place chicken strips, marinade, and Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag that can be sealed again after use. Place in the refrigerator for between 8 hours and overnight.
- Take measurements for the skewers so that they will fit across the basket of the air fryer and barely overlap the edge. Remove any unnecessary surplus length.
- 10 minutes should be spent getting the air fryer up to temperature at 180 degrees Fahrenheit (80 degrees Celsius).
- During the time that the air fryer is being preheated, thread chicken strips onto skewers, making sure to leave space between each piece.
- Cook in the air for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Because most air fryers have a maximum setting of 30 minutes, you will need to adjust the cooking time. During the time it takes for the reset, you should rearrange the skewers.
- Fry in the air for an additional 15 minutes while the temperature is raised to 200 degrees Fahrenheit (95 degrees Celsius).
- Remove the strips and place them in a container for storage that has been lined with paper towels. Seal. Before serving, let the dish rest for a full day.
You might also love to try Honey Sesame Chicken & Fried Rice Recipe
It’s hard to beat the flavor of spicy chicken jerky. It’s incredibly simple to make, and it’s also really good for you. I absolutely adored both the taste and the flavors.
It gets a four out of five from me. a protein-rich food that is a good source. You should give it a shot.