Lemon Sugar Cookies that are vegan, dairy-free, and egg-free, in addition to being soft and chewy, and bursting with the flavor of lemon.
Ingredients for Vegan Lemon Sugar Cookies
|Room temperature vegan butter||½ cup|
|½ cup+ 2 Tablespoons organic sugar ½ cup for dough, 2 Tbsp for rolling before baking|
|ground flax||1 tbsp|
|lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|lemon zest||2 tbsp|
|vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|all-purpose flour||1 cup 3 tbsp|
|baking powder||1/2 tsp|
Preparation for Vegan Lemon Sugar Cookies
- To begin, place the butter and half a cup of the sugar in a bowl and use a hand mixer to beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy, which should take about a minute. The flax seed meal, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract should all be combined at this point.
- After that, put the flour that has been sifted, baking powder, and salt into the mixing bowl. Continue to combine ingredients until a thick cookie batter is formed. Do not overmix or you will produce an excessive amount of gluten, which will cause the cookies to be tough and prevent them from spreading.
- The next step is to place the bowl of dough in the refrigerator, cover it, and allow it to chill for thirty minutes to one hour.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and turn the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. After that, take the dough out of the refrigerator and shape it into cookies using a cookie scoop that holds 1.5 tablespoons (30 grams per cookie of dough). Form the dough into balls using your palms, and then roll each ball in the 2 tablespoons of sugar that were left aside earlier to ensure that it is evenly covered.
- Bake the cookies for ten to fourteen minutes, or until the bottoms have a light golden brown color and the cookies are fully baked but still have slightly soft centers. The cookies will continue to bake even after they have been removed from the oven, so the centers should still be soft after the cookies are removed from the oven. However, the centers should not be shiny or raw.
- Take the cookie tray out of the oven and give it a light tap on the work surface as soon as you take it out. This will generate a cookie with more “wrinkles.” After that, leave the cookies to cool for five to ten minutes on the baking sheet they were baked on. When you remove the cookies from the oven, they will be tender and fluffy, but they will naturally lose some of their volume as they cool.
- After the cookies have had enough time to cool, they are ready to be served.
You might also love to try 10-Minute Garlic Chili Oil Noodles Recipe
I can’t get enough of these lemon sugar cookies. It has a Creamy and Chewy Texture. The lemon zest added to it is the icing on the cake.
It is the consummate munchie. I rate it 5/5. It is a straightforward recipe, and you really ought to give it a shot at home.