Chicken cutlets that have been breaded and fried in an air fryer come out golden, tender, and very simple to prepare. Prepared without the use of oil and served in less than 15 minutes!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
|chicken breasts, boneless and skinless||2|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
|onion powder||1/2 tsp|
|black pepper||1 tsp|
|panko breadcrumbs, gluten-free if needed||1 cup|
|flour, gluten-free if needed||1/4 cup|
Preparation for Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Spray the inside of your air fryer with olive oil or non-stick spray after preheating it to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise using extreme caution; the resulting pieces should look like giant chicken tenders.
- On top of a chopping board, place one tender between two pieces of plastic wrap or in a big zip-lock bag. Use the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin to pound out the tender until it is thin and uniform in thickness.
- Beginning in the middle of the chicken, work your way out to the edges until the chicken is approximately a quarter of an inch thick. Repeat the process with each of the tenders.
- Prepare three bowls for mixing: one with the flour and half of the spices, one with the eggs that have been beaten, and one with the breadcrumbs and the other half of the seasonings. Set these bowls aside.
- First, dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, making sure that it is well covered. Next, dredge the chicken in eggs, and lastly, dredge it in breadcrumbs. Proceed in the same manner with the remaining chicken pieces.
- When adding the chicken to the basket of the preheated air fryer, be sure that the pieces DO NOT overlap. It’s possible that you’ll need to complete two batches, depending on the size of the air fryer you have.
- Cook in an air fryer at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for six minutes, turn with tongs, and then fry in an air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for two to three minutes until crispy and the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lemon wedges should be served with this dish.
You might also love to try Air Fryer Tilapia Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. Chicken pork chops cooked in an air fryer have a crust that is particularly crispy, but the inside remains very moist and delicious. They are given an Italian flavor by the combination of a few basic spices that are used in their seasoning.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.