Enjoy some quality time with a warm cup of this savory and satisfying turkey lentil soup. It may be cooked with either green or brown lentils, ground turkey, carrots, and chopped tomatoes, and only requires one pot for preparation. The ideal recipe for breakfast, lunch, and supper.
Ingredients for Turkey Lentil Soup
|ground turkey||1 lb|
|olive oil||1 Tbsp|
|yellow onion, chopped||1|
|carrots, peeled and cut into coins||2 – 3|
|garlic cloves, minced||4|
|ground cumin||3 tsp|
|1.5 tsp curry powder||1.5 tsp|
|onion powder||1 tsp|
|salt, more to taste||1 tsp|
|black pepper, more to taste||1/2 tsp|
|diced tomatoes||1 large can, 28 ounces|
|low-sodium vegetable broth||5 cup|
|uncooked brown or green lentils, rinsed||1 cup|
|baby spinach||2 – 3 handfuls|
Preparation for Turkey Lentil Soup
- In a large Dutch oven or saucepan, add olive oil and cook it over medium heat. After adding the chopped onion and carrots, continue to simmer the mixture for about five minutes, or until the onions become translucent.
- Add the minced garlic, give it a swirl, and continue cooking for another thirty seconds until the aroma is released.
- The ground turkey should be placed in the centre of the pot, and the onions and carrots should be pushed to the edges.
- Cook for three to four minutes, breaking up the turkey with a stirring spoon as it cooks and combining the onions and carrots during the last minute of cooking.
- Cook for a further three minutes after adding the cumin, curry powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- After adding the diced tomatoes and stirring, continue to simmer the mixture for another one to two minutes.
- Combine the water and vegetable broth in the pan. After turning up the heat and bringing the soup to a boil, add the lentils that have been rinsed, give everything a good stir, and then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the lentils have reached the desired degree of doneness, with the lid just partially covering the pot. Mix it up every so often.
- After five minutes have passed, put in the baby spinach and swirl it around so that it may wilt. Taste the soup carefully, and make any necessary adjustments to the spices.
- Enjoy while it’s still warm!
You might also love to try Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. The turkey is cooked to a perfect tenderness, the lentils have been stewed to perfection, and the broth is loaded with spices and flavor. It has a wonderful aroma and delicious flavor.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.