Add some flavor and heat to your evening meal with this savory Thai peanut butter curry, which is prepared with chicken, chickpeas, and coconut milk. This one-pan supper is not only very wholesome but also brimming with flavor and protein. In addition to that, it does not include gluten or dairy and can easily be adapted to be vegan.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Curry
|olive oil||1 – 2 Tbsp|
|skinless chicken thigh, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces||1 lb|
|yellow onion, roughly diced||1|
|garlic cloves, minced||2 – 3|
|fresh broccoli, cut into medium florets||3 cups|
|½ tsp cayenne pepper||½ tsp|
|ground ginger||½ tsp|
|salt, more to taste||1 tsp|
|black pepper, more to taste||½ tsp|
|unsweetened coconut milk,, full fat or light||1 can|
|low-sodium vegetable broth||⅔ – 1 cup|
|chickpeas, drained and rinsed||1 can|
|tomato paste||1 Tbsp|
|creamy all-natural peanut butter||3 – 4 Tbsp|
|fresh cilantro, finely diced||¼ cup|
|fresh baby spinach||3 cups|
Preparation for Peanut Butter Curry
- To prepare your boneless chicken thighs without skin, use your knife to remove any extra fat or cartilage, then chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- On the stovetop, place a deep pan that is 12 inches in diameter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- After adding the chicken, fry it for three minutes. After that, turn the chicken pieces over with tongs and continue to sear for one more minute.
- Include the florets of broccoli, red onion, and minced garlic in the dish. Continue to sauté the onions for a further four to five minutes, until they become softer.
- Paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, ginger, red chili flakes (optional), salt, and pepper should all be added at this point. Stir for thirty seconds, or until everything is incorporated.
- Add the chickpeas, peanut butter, tomato paste, and lime juice, as well as the coconut milk and 2/3 of a cup of vegetable broth.
- Simmer for five minutes at a heat setting between medium and low, then stir in the cilantro and young spinach.
- Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. To make the curry more like a soup, stir in an additional 1/3 cup of vegetable broth. Try it out, then make any required adjustments to the seasonings.
- Serve over a bed of jasmine rice, brown rice, or quinoa, and top with chopped cilantro and peanuts, if desired. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Air Fryer Tilapia Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. The Thai peanut butter curry that we provide here is opulent, velvety, and brimming with genuine flavors. It is meaty and rich, but packed with nutrients; it is light yet still manages to warm the spirit.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.