Tilapia cooked in the air fryer for 10 minutes with a lemon caper sauce is flakey, quick to prepare, and nutritious. It is the ideal meal to prepare throughout the week since it is seasoned with a combination of paprika, garlic, lemon, and melted butter.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Tilapia
|Olive oil or avocado oil||spray|
|garlic powder||½ tsp|
|onion powder||½ tsp|
|Black pepper||to taste|
|lemon, for serving||1|
|Ingredients (Lemon Caper Sauce)||Quantity|
|Salt and black pepper||to taste|
|parsley, finely chopped||1 tbsp|
Preparation for Air Fryer Tilapia
- Prepare your air fryer by preheating it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spraying it with olive oil-based non-stick spray.
- In the meanwhile, dry your tilapia filets with a paper towel and mix all of the spices together in a small dish.
- Prepare the tilapia on both sides with the seasoning. Make use of your fingertips to lightly pat each filet with the spice mixture before serving.
- After the air fryer has reached the desired temperature, use a spatula and gently place both seasoned tilapia filets within the basket. They shouldn’t run into one other. Olive oil spray should be lightly applied to the tops.
- Air fried for three to four minutes, then turn them over using a spatula rather than tongs and continue air frying for another three to four minutes, or until they are completely cooked through.
- The temperature in the thickest section of the fish should be 145 degrees. While the tilapia is cooking, melt the butter either on the stovetop in a small saucepot or in the microwave in a dish that is appropriate for use in the microwave.
- After that, combine the butter that has been melted, capers, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and parsley in a mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula, gently remove the fish from the air fryer, and then top each filet with the lemon caper sauce.
- Enjoy right away with more lemon juice on the side, if you want!
You might also love to try Chocolate Hedgehog Slice Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. The tilapia that has been air-fried comes out flaky and bursting with flavor. It is served with a handmade lemon caper sauce and is seasoned with a combination of lemon, paprika, salt, and garlic. The sauce is drizzled over the top of the dish.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.