A classic chocolate hedgehog slice that’s quick and easy to make, created with broken biscuits, walnuts, coconut, condensed milk, and melted chocolate… the ideal melt-and-mix slice!
Ingredients for Chocolate Hedgehog Slice
|Sweetened condensed milk
|Dark chocolate melts or block
|Plain sweet biscuits crushed (like Arnotts Marie)
|Walnuts roughly chopped
|Extra dark chocolate melts or block
|Vegetable oil or coconut oil optional
Preparation for Chocolate Hedgehog Slice
- Prepare a slice pan measuring 18 by 28 centimeters by greasing it and lining it with baking paper; then set it aside.
- Put the butter, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate melts for dark chocolate into a bowl that can be heated in the microwave. Warm for three to four minutes at a power setting of fifty percent, stirring after each thirty seconds, or until the chocolate has melted. Stir thoroughly.
- Mix together the crumbled biscuits, coconut, walnuts, and cocoa powder until everything is well distributed.
- Spread the mixture out in the prepared tin in an even layer, and then push down firmly.
- In a bowl that is safe for the microwave, melt the dark chocolate melts and the vegetable oil (or coconut oil) on 50% power for three to four minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until the chocolate is almost completely melted. You may also choose to complete this stage on a stovetop if you want.
- After the chocolate has melted, drizzle it over the top of the slice, then place it in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- You can cut it into slices and keep it in the refrigerator for up to five days in an airtight container.
This recipe for chocolate hedgehog slice is one that is both incredibly easy to make and quite tasty. For someone who enjoys sweet things, this is the ideal solution, as it is also beneficial.
This is a fantastic dish in my opinion. I rate it 4/5. You could give this recipe a shot if you have a sweet tooth.