A cheesy baked chicken broccoli pasta casserole that can be prepared in under 30 minutes and is the ideal dish for a hearty and nutritious evening! This amazing pasta dish is created with tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh broccoli, and chicken breasts.
Ingredients for Chicken Broccoli Pasta Bake
|8 oz spiral pasta||8 oz|
|fresh broccoli florets, cut into small florets||3 cups|
|olive oil||1 Tbsp|
|small chicken breasts||2|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
|onion powder||1 tsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|fresh spinach||3 cups|
|marinara sauce||3.5 cups|
|chicken broth||1/4 cup|
|red pepper flakes||1/2 tsp|
|grated parmesan cheese||1/3 cup|
|shredded mozzarella cheese, divided||1 cup|
Preparation for Chicken Broccoli Pasta Bake
- Prepare the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish measuring 9 by 13 inches by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pasta should be cooked in salted water that has been brought to a boil in a big saucepan. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box until it is firm to the bite (no more than 6 minutes total).
- Stir in the florets of broccoli for the last two minutes of cooking. After draining the pasta and broccoli, halt the cooking process by rinsing them under cold water and setting them aside.
- Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and some salt and pepper should be mixed with chicken pieces that have been placed in a bowl for mixing.
- Warm up a big saute pan that has been coated with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces that have been seasoned, and cook for a total of four to five minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the exterior.
- To wilt the fresh spinach, add it, mix it, and then heat it for one to two minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the spaghetti sauce, and then whisk in the chicken broth.
- After the pasta and broccoli have finished cooking, stir in the grated parmesan cheese and a half cup of mozzarella cheese. After giving everything a little swirl to blend, pour it into the baking dish that has been prepared.
- On top, sprinkle any remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan that you have.
- Bake for 10 – 14 minutes. After that, place the dish under the broiler for two to four minutes, or until the cheese has melted, formed bubbles, and become a golden brown color.
You might also love to try Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. It is done in less than half an hour, it has a wonderful taste, it is lighter than conventional recipes, it has a saucy texture, and it is very tasty.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.