The greatest air fryer teriyaki chicken recipe that can be ready in only 15 minutes, is brimming with flavor, and is really simple to prepare; it will quickly become your go-to dish. These bite-sized chicken breast pieces are gluten-free and covered in a nutritious homemade teriyaki sauce that does not include any added refined sugars. They are crispy and tender at the same time.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken
|chicken breast, skinless and boneless||1 pound|
|arrowroot starch||2 Tbsp|
|Ingredients (Teriyaki Sauce)||Quantity|
|arrowroot starch||1 Tbsp|
|cold water||1/4 cup|
|soy sauce||1/4 cup|
|fresh orange juice||1/4 cup|
|rice vinegar||1 Tbsp|
|honey||2 – 3 Tbsp|
|sesame oil||1/2 tsp|
|fresh grated ginger||1 tsp|
|garlic cloves, minced||2|
Preparation for Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the chicken parts that have been cut into bite-sized bits with arrowroot starch in a large mixing dish.
- After the air fryer has reached the desired temperature, coat the chicken with cooking spray and place it in the basket of the appliance.
- Check to see that the components are separated from one another and are not overlapping. If your air fryer is on the smaller side, you may need to do this in two separate batches.
- Fry the chicken in an air fryer for eight to ten minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, whichever comes first.
- While the chicken is cooking, dissolve the arrowroot starch in the cold water and put it aside. While the chicken is cooking, you may make the sauce.
- A low sodium soy sauce, fresh orange juice, white wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic are added to a small skillet that is heated over medium-high heat. Bring the sauce to a boil over high heat.
- After the mixture has reached a boil, turn the heat down to medium-low and slowly whisk in the arrowroot starch water. Simmer for three to four minutes while whisking constantly until the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency.
- Taste the sauce very carefully, and make any necessary adjustments to the spices. Put the chicken nuggets that have already been fried into the saucepan that contains the teriyaki sauce. After giving it a little stir to coat it, remove it from the heat.
- Serve while still warm on top of a bed of rice with a side of roasted and steamed veggies of your choosing.
You might also love to try Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Granola Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. Gluten is not present in gluten-free air-fried teriyaki chicken, which is soft on the inside and crispy on the surface. After that, it is covered with a handmade teriyaki glaze that has a stickier consistency and is created from fresh oranges, soy sauce, ginger, and honey. It is delicious while also being good for you!
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.