These scrumptious homemade pizza rolls baked in an air fryer are stuffed with mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and fresh basil, and they are sure to be a hit with everyone. These quick and simple pizza rolls are air-fried in less than 15 minutes, making them the ideal starter, lunch, or supper option.
Ingredients for Best Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
|store-bought or canned pizza dough||1 lb|
|pizza or marinara sauce, divided||1 cup|
|shredded mozzarella cheese, low fat or regular||1 cup|
|grated parmesan||¼ cup|
|fresh basil, finely chopped||¼ cup|
Preparation for Best Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- In order to prevent food from sticking to the bottom of the air fryer, spray it with non-stick spray and then lay a piece of parchment paper down. Then, preheat the air fryer to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After lightly flouring the work surface, lay out the pizza dough into a rectangle measuring 8 inches by 12 inches.
- On top of the dough, apply a half cup’s worth of pizza sauce in an even layer. Be careful to leave a space of at least one inch around the roll’s edges so that it may be sealed.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, parmesan, and basil over top.
- Begin at one end of the rectangle and roll the dough as tightly as you would cinnamon buns, working your way across the rectangle. The closer they are, the better.
- Turn the roll over so that the side with the seam is facing down on the tabletop, and cut 10–12 separate rolls measuring 1 inch in diameter. Pinch the bottom of each roll with your fingers to close the roll and keep the sauce and cheese inside.
- Place the rolls in an even layer in the air fryer once it has been preheated; the rolls should not touch one another. Keep a gap of approximately a half an inch between each one. If your air fryer is too tiny, you may need to split the cooking process into two batches.
- Fry in an air fryer at a temperature of 320 degrees Fahrenheit for 11 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dough is completely cooked.
- Check the time at the 11-minute point, and add additional minutes if necessary.
- Remove from the basket, then wait a few minutes for the food to cool down before serving it with more pizza sauce, marinara sauce, or pesto.
You might also love to try Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. They have an incredible quantity of cheese, the sauce is just the right amount, and they are bursting with flavor.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.