Cinnamon rolls baked in an air fryer until they are perfectly fluffy and tender, then frosted with a cream cheese and yogurt frosting prepared from scratch. Because it only takes one rise, this cinnamon roll recipe is perfect for those just starting out in the kitchen. This is the ideal sweet!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
|Ingredients (for dough)
|½ cup whole milk or full-fat oat milk
|melted unsalted butter
|pure vanilla extract
|dark or light brown sugar
|vanilla Greek yogurt
|real maple syrup
|pure vanilla extract
|For thinner frosting: milk or oat milk
|1 – 2 tbsp
Preparation for Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Produce the dough by: Put the milk in a big mixing dish that can be heated in the microwave. Warm it in the microwave in three increments of 20 seconds each, until it reaches around 110 degrees Fahrenheit (not hot). Mix well, then add sugar and quick yeast. After that, combine the melted butter with the salt using a whisk. Mix in 1 and 34 cups of flour using a spatula after adding it. Although it will be sticky, it shouldn’t adhere to the bowl when it’s done. Make use of the additional 14 cup of flour to flour your work area, then knead the dough for 5 minutes, or until it can form a ball that is more uniformly smooth. At the very end, it ought to be smooth, soft, and not sticky in any way.
- The dough should be proofed by placing the dough ball into a clean mixing basin that has been oiled very lightly. Place it somewhere that is somewhat warm and cover it with a dish towel (I love the inside of the microwave). You should give it an hour to rise, or until it’s twice as big as it was before.
- Put together the filling by: While that is happening, prepare your cinnamon butter by combining butter that has been melted with brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Prepare cinnamon buns by rolling out: Using a rolling pin and a surface that has been dusted with flour, shape the dough that has been proofed into a rough rectangle that is about one quarter of an inch thick. Take care not to work the dough for too long. The dough should be covered in a layer of the cinnamon butter mixture. Then, beginning at one of the shorter ends, roll the dough into a hot dog shape and press the edges together to seal. This recipe yields between 6 and 8 generously filled cinnamon buns.
- Fry the cinnamon rolls in the air fryer by first preheating the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and then adding parchment paper to the bottom of the basket. Spread the cinnamon rolls out in an even manner so that they do not overlap one another; nevertheless, it is OK for the edges to touch. Fry the cinnamon rolls in an air fryer for approximately five minutes, or until they are golden. FLIP. Air fryer for a further 2–3 minutes, until they have a very golden color and are almost done to the point of being overdone. Believe me, they will have a crispy outside while maintaining a very tender inside. PERFECT!
- To create the frosting, place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat them with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed for one to two minutes, until the frosting is fluffy and creamy. In addition to that, you might use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- While the cinnamon buns are still warm, spread the cream cheese icing all over the top of them. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Juicy air fryer chicken marinated in yogurt Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. In addition to having an exceptionally airy, fluffy, and tender sweet dough, these pastries include a handmade cream cheese icing that is both nutritious and delicious. So tasty.
I would rate it 4.5 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.