Hash browns produced in an air fryer with just three ingredients; they turn out golden and with crispy edges. This recipe is ideal for a nutritious breakfast, brunch, or even a side dish for supper!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Hash Browns
Preparation for Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub the potatoes well under running water, and then dry them using paper towels. To shred the potatoes, use a box grater and do it with caution.
- Place the potatoes in a colander, and then run cold water over them while shredding them until the water is clear (about 10 – 20 seconds).
- Transfer the shredded potatoes to a wad of paper towels or a clean dish towel and press them dry with as much force as possible, pressing out every last drop of extra moisture.
- Produce sure the potato shreds are as dry as they can be before using them to make hash browns for the crispiest results.
- Shredded potatoes should be placed in a mixing bowl, and then olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper should be added.
- Spray the inside of the basket of your air fryer with spray oil made from avocados or olives.
- Add shredded potatoes that have been seasoned, then use a spatula to push the potatoes into a uniform layer throughout the basket as you spread them out.
- It is recommended that the potatoes be “packed” rather than loosely dispersed throughout the basket.
- Spray the top with more avocado or olive oil spray, and then air fried for 12–16 minutes, until the center is brown and the sides are crispy. There is no reason to switch.
- Because the performance of each air fryer varies, check the food at the ten-minute mark.
- Take the food out of the air fryer, and then eat it!
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. The recipe for these handmade crispy air fryer hash browns is my absolute favorite one to make for breakfast or brunch. They are delicious when paired with eggs and these biscuits made with almond milk.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.