You can make restaurant-quality blistered shishito peppers in just 10 minutes using an air fryer. The peppers come in two flavor variations: the classic sea salt lemon and the sesame Asian-style. Both options are incredibly tasty and flavorful.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Shishito Peppers
|extra-virgin olive oil
|lemon zest (Classic)
|flakey sea salt (Classic)
|1 – 2 tsp
|sesame oil (Sesame Asian Style)
|sesame seeds (Sesame Asian Style)
Preparation for Air Fryer Shishito Peppers
- To begin, set your air fryer to 400°F and lightly coat the basket with non-stick olive oil spray. Next, rinse and pat the shishito peppers dry, and then place them in a large mixing bowl with olive oil.
- Alternatively, if you prefer not to use oil, you can use avocado or olive oil cooking spray to coat the peppers evenly.
- Place the shishito peppers into the air fryer basket, making sure they are arranged in an even layer. If your air fryer is small, you may need to cook them in batches.
- Air fry the peppers for 7-10 minutes, shaking them at the 4-minute mark. You should hear some popping sounds as they cook, but this is normal. The shishito peppers should be soft and blistered when done.
- Once they are cooked, transfer the shishito peppers to a serving plate, and then choose your desired flavor.
- You can sprinkle them with flakey sea salt and lemon zest for a classic taste, or you can use sesame oil and seeds for an Asian-inspired twist.
- Enjoy your delicious air fryer shishito peppers!
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You won’t be disappointed with this recipe for air fryer shishito peppers, as they turn out with tender flesh, soft texture, and crispy, blistered skin.
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.