You can make delicious homemade buttermilk biscuits using an air fryer with just six simple ingredients. These biscuits are incredibly buttery, soft, and flaky, and can be made in just 8 minutes. It’s a biscuit recipe that’s sure to impress and become your favorite.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Buttermilk Biscuits
|all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled||1 ½ cups|
|baking powder||1 tbsp|
|unsalted butter||6 tbsp|
|cold buttermilk||½ cup|
Preparation for Air Fryer Buttermilk Biscuits
- Begin by whisking together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add in the cubes of cold butter and coat them with the flour mixture.
- Using your hands, two knives, or a bench scraper, work the butter into the flour until the mixture is coarse and contains various-sized pieces of butter. It’s okay if there are still large chunks of butter remaining.
- Next, create a well in the center of the butter and flour mixture, and add in the buttermilk and honey. Mix everything together until all the liquid is absorbed.
- The dough will be shaggy with some dry bits, but try to incorporate all of the dry bits and press everything together to create a rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle into four pieces and stack them on top of each other, pressing down to laminate and create layers. Flatten the biscuit tower into a disc shape, using your hands or a rolling pin to create a thickness of about ¾ inch.
- The dough might be a bit sloppy, but that’s okay.
- Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter, press down straight into the dough to create four biscuits, taking care not to twist the cutter. Repeat with the scraps to make the final 2-3 biscuits. Place the biscuits in the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill the butter.
- Once chilled, place the biscuits in the air fryer basket lined with parchment paper, ensuring that they do not overlap. Air fry at 400°F for 8-9 minutes until the biscuits are golden on the top and sides.
- They should be crispy on the outside while remaining soft and buttery on the inside. Enjoy the biscuits while they are still warm!
You might also love to try Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers Recipe
This recipe yields 7 servings.
Making homemade buttermilk biscuits from scratch is a breeze with this recipe. It’s straightforward to follow, and bakers of any level can make them with ease. Additionally, the biscuits are air-fried, eliminating the need for an oven!
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.