These bite-sized pieces of salmon are cooked in an air fryer, resulting in a crispy exterior and robust taste. They are finished with a handmade teriyaki sauce that is both nutritious and delicious. Rice and vegetables make for a quick evening supper when served together.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon Bites
|salmon fillets, skin removed and cut into 1-inch pieces||4 (6oz)|
|toasted sesame seeds||for garnish|
|Green onion, thinly sliced||for garnish|
|Ingredients (Teriyaki Sauce)||Quantity|
|arrowroot starch||2 tsp|
|cold water||¼ cup|
|low-sodium soy sauce||¼ cup|
|fresh orange juice, juice from 1 orange||¼ cup|
|rice vinegar||1 tbsp|
|honey, based on your desired sweetness level||2 – 3 tbsp|
|sesame oil||½ tsp|
|fresh grated ginger, very fine||1 tsp|
|garlic cloves, minced||2 – 3|
Preparation for Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon Bites
- The arrowroot starch should be dissolved in the cold water, and then the mixture should be put aside. Use several paper towels to thoroughly dry the salmon bits.
- To prepare the teriyaki sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a big mixing cup or a small mixing bowl and whisk them together. AT THIS POINT, DO NOT ADD THE STARCH WATER.
- Toss the salmon chunks that have been cut into bite-sized pieces with one-third of a cup’s worth of the teriyaki sauce in a shallow mixing bowl or a big ziplock bag. Allow it to sit in the marinade for ten to twenty minutes.
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and then spraying it gently with some frying oil.
- Place the salmon bits that have been marinated into the air fryer once it has been prepared, taking care that they do not touch one other. Cook in the air fryer for four to six minutes, until the food is completely cooked through and slightly crunchy.
- While the salmon is cooking, bring a small pot with the remaining teriyaki sauce to a boil over medium-high heat in another skillet. The sauce should be brought to a rolling boil.
- When it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to medium-low and add the starch water while whisking constantly. Simmer for three to four minutes while whisking constantly until the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency.
- First, give the sauce a careful tasting, and then make any necessary adjustments to the spices.
- After removing the salmon bits from the air fryer, glaze them with the teriyaki sauce that was left behind.
- Serve over a bed of heated rice topped with sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onion, and accompany with roasted and steamed veggies of your choice, such as broccoli and/or edamame (my personal favorites).
You might also love to try Healthy Chocolate Nice Cream Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. They are delicate, flaky, and covered in the tastiest handmade teriyaki sauce with the least amount of sugar possible.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.