Chicken prepared using either chicken breasts or chicken thighs and marinated in Greek yogurt until it is very moist. This zesty yogurt chicken with lemon and herbs can be cooked on the grill, in the oven, or in the air fryer with ease.
Ingredients for Greek Yogurt Chicken
|skinless chicken breasts||4|
|plain Greek yogurt||⅓ cup|
|fresh lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|lemon zest||½ tsp|
|garlic cloves, minced||3 – 4|
|onion powder||¾ tsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|freshly chopped cilantro or parsley, plus more for serving||¼ cup|
Preparation for Greek Yogurt Chicken
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, paprika, cumin, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cilantro by whisking all of the ingredients together.
- To remove any further moisture from the chicken breasts, pat them dry with a paper towel.
- After that, put the chicken pieces in a bag that can be reused or a gallon-sized zip lock that can be sealed, and pour the yogurt marinade over the chicken.
- While you securely seal the bag, be sure to squeeze out any extra air.
- After that, use the yogurt marinade to thoroughly coat the chicken breasts and massage them down with it. Marinate the chicken for at least half an hour and up to 24 hours, depending on how long you have.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on the thickness of the chicken breast, lightly oil the basket, and air fried the chicken for seven to nine minutes on each side (for chicken breast) or five to six minutes on each side (for chicken thighs).
- Just make sure the temperature on the inside reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After removing the chicken from the oven, place it on a cutting board or plate and let it rest for at least five minutes before slicing or serving it. This ensures that they are juicier than normal. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Carrot Cucumber Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. This chicken made with Greek yogurt is very juicy, tangy, and good for you. The taste combination of lemon, garlic, and fresh herbs is just mouthwatering.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.