Chicken tenders produced in an air fryer or baked in the oven without the use of any oil, resulting in a crispy outside, a juicy inside, and a hot honey sauce that is sweet and spicy. Gluten-free and very simple, this dish may serve as either an appetizer or a midweek supper.
Ingredients for Hot Honey Chicken Tenders
|chicken tenders||1.5 pounds|
|all-purpose flour||⅓ cup|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|panko breadcrumbs||1 ⅓ cup|
|hot honey||⅓ – ½ cup|
Preparation for Hot Honey Chicken Tenders
- Prepare a baking sheet with a rim by lining it with parchment paper and preheating the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternately, preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the flour in a shallow basin that’s not too big. The eggs should be beaten in a separate, shallow basin. Panko, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder should be mixed together in a third, more shallow bowl.
- Chicken tenders should have all of the fat and tendons removed before cooking. Alternately, if you are using boneless and skinless chicken breasts, slice them into strips that are 1 inch thick.
- After that, dry them well with paper towels.
- Taking one chicken tender at a time, coat it well in flour, then brush off any excess flour. Repeat with the remaining chicken tenders.
- After that, dunk it in the eggs, and then, for the last step, coat it with panko breadcrumbs. Make sure the chicken is well coated by coating it with the panko bread crumbs using your hands.
- It is necessary to repeat step 4 with the remaining bids.
- Place the chicken tenders that have been breaded onto a baking sheet that has been coated with parchment paper and gently spray them with cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken for 10 to 14 minutes, or until it is golden brown, crispy, and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When using an air fryer, place the chicken tenders that have been breaded into the basket of the air fryer once it has been warmed and gently coat them with cooking spray.
- Fry the chicken in an air fryer set to 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 11 minutes, until it is golden and crispy and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the meanwhile, bring the honey to a boil in a microwave-safe dish for twenty to thirty seconds.
- As soon as the chicken is cooked through, sprinkle or coat the tenders with the hot honey that has been warmed up, and then dig in!
You might also love to try Zucchini Tortillas Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. This recipe for extra-crispy and crunchy chicken tenders does not call for the use of any oil and can be prepared in either an air fryer or an oven.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.