The Peanut Vegetable Salad is an Indian-Style Salad that is Made with Boiled Peanuts (Groundnuts), Raw Vegetables, Lemon, and Very Few Spices. This salad is Very Healthy and Very Nutritious.
Ingredients for Boiled Peanut Salad
|Raw peanuts (groundnuts)||1 cup|
|Small cucumber peeled and cubed (about 1 cup)||2|
|Medium tomato finely chopped||1|
|Mint finely chopped||2 tbsp|
|Coriander leaves finely chopped||2 tbsp|
|Juice of half lemon|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Chaat masala||1 tsp|
|Salt to taste|
Preparation for Boiled Peanut Salad
- In the event that you are utilizing an Instant Pot, place the peanuts within the Instant Pot insert, along with the required amount of water and salt. After that, use the Pressure Cook setting for 12 to 15 minutes (High). Permit the pressure to release of its own accord. Peanuts that have been cooked properly should be chewy, but not mushy.
- If using an Indian pressure cooker, apply pressure and cook over a medium flame for three to four whistles.
- When using the stovetop pot, add enough water along with the peanuts, and cook them for a total of thirty minutes, or until they reach the desired level of doneness.
- Making Salad/Chaat:
- Chop all your veggies, removing any seeds/skin/stems needed.
- Put all of the ingredients into a big bowl, then give the bowl a good toss so that the flavors combine and the ingredients are well distributed.
- If you want to get the most out of this nutritious peanut salad, you should wait fifteen minutes before serving it so that the flavors have a chance to fully combine. You have the option of chilling the dish in the refrigerator for half an hour before serving.
You might also love to try Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup Recipe
The peanut vegetable salad is a delicious dish that is also good for you. The flavor is amazing despite the use of only a few spices.
I really enjoy making this dish. extremely simple to prepare while also being quite tasty. I rate it 5/5. I suggest that you give it a shot in the comfort of your own home.