Flatbread pizzas topped with buffalo chicken, mozzarella cheese, and ranch dressing that is both nutritious and spicy. These pita flatbreads are ready in just 15 minutes, making them an ideal option for lunch, supper, or even as an appetizer for a sporting event.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Flatbread
|pita bread||4 pieces|
|buffalo sauce||½ cup|
|shredded Mozzarella cheese||1 cup|
|shredded rotisserie chicken||2 cups|
|Ingredients (Ranch Dressing)||Quantity|
|plain Greek yogurt||½ cup|
|Dijon mustard||1 tsp|
|lemon juice||1 -2 tsp|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
|water||2 – 3 tbsp|
Preparation for Buffalo Chicken Flatbread
- Prepare one or two big baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper and preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Because the pitas should NOT touch one another, I suggest using two sheets.
- You can make your own ranch dressing by adding all of the ingredients in a small dish and stirring them together. Try it out, then make any necessary adjustments to the seasonings.
- Bake the pita for three to four minutes after placing two pieces on each of the prepared baking sheets.
- While everything is going on, mix between two and three tablespoons of buffalo sauce with the shredded chicken. Coating the chicken, but not submerging it in liquid is OK.
- After the pitas have finished baking, gently take the baking pans out of the oven.
- As though you were building a pizza, apply between one and two tablespoons of ranch dressing and between one and two tablespoons of buffalo sauce over the surface of each pita using the back of a spoon.
- On top of each pita, evenly distribute one-fourth cup of mozzarella cheese shreds, followed by one-third cup of shredded chicken.
- You may add additional cheese if you like. Scatter over the top the white pieces of the green onion that have been cut very thinly.
- Continue baking for another seven to ten minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the edges have a golden brown color.
- After removing the chicken from the oven, top it with more drizzles of ranch dressing and buffalo sauce, a sprinkling of green onion, sliced celery, and more.
You might also try Healthy Almond Flour Cornbread Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. It is difficult to imagine that this spicy buffalo chicken flatbread dish is on the healthier side of things given how delicious it is. The homemade ranch dressing, buffalo chicken, and mozzarella cheese come together to create a dish that is out of this world wonderful.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.