In less than ten minutes, you can make homemade sourdough croutons that are easy, handmade, from scratch, crispy, buttery, and amazingly delicious. Pick your preferred bread, and keep in mind that you also have the choice to make these croutons gluten-free and vegan. Excellent for use in soups and salads!
Ingredients for Easy Sourdough Croutons
|slices of sourdough bread||2 – 3|
|melted butter||1 Tbsp|
|extra virgin olive oil||2 Tbsp|
|garlic powder||¼ tsp|
|black pepper||¼ tsp|
Preparation for Easy Sourdough Croutons
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The sourdough bread should be cut into pieces that are about 1 inch in size. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Mix together the melted butter, olive oil, garlic powder, and seasonings of your choice.
- Drizzle on top of the bread, then toss to blend the flavors.
- Arrange the bread in an even layer on the baking sheet that has been prepared, and then bake it for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it is golden brown and crunchy. You may have this on a salad or mixed into a soup.
You might also love to try Greek Spinach Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. Making your own sourdough croutons at home is one of the simplest and most delicious ways to take your food to the next level. They just take ten minutes to produce, are brimming with the taste that nature intended, and are a hundred times superior than any stale brand that can be purchased in a shop.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.