This blackened salmon caesar salad with crispy sourdough croutons and homemade mayonnaise-free caesar dressing makes for the most delicious, stress-free, and nutritious weekday supper ever! A delicious and satisfying salad meal that is also strong in protein.
Ingredients for Healthy Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad
|Ingredients (Blackened Salmon)||Quantity|
|salmon fillets||4 6 oz|
|extra-virgin olive oil||2 tbsp|
|cayenne pepper||1 tsp|
|onion powder||1 tsp|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
|black pepper||1 tsp|
|non-fat plain Greek yogurt||⅓ cup|
|extra virgin olive oil||1 tbsp|
|freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Dijon mustard||2 tsp|
|pickle juice||1 tbsp|
|garlic cloves||1 – 2|
|freshly ground black pepper||½ tsp|
|sweet cherry tomatoes||1 cup|
|shaved or shredded parmesan cheese||⅓ cup|
Preparation for Healthy Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad
- To Make the Dressing Put all of the ingredients for the dressing into a small mixing bowl and whisk them together until combined.
- Put to the side for now. To make blackened salmon, first mix all of the blackening spices together in a small dish.
- After drying the salmon filets with paper towels, brush them with one tablespoon of olive oil on the side that will be exposed to the flesh.
- Blackening seasoning should be sprinkled on top of the salmon, and then you should use your fingers to pat the spice mixture into the fish.
- In a large skillet, pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the salmon for two to three minutes with the flesh-side down in the pan until the skin becomes crisp.
- After using a spatula to turn the salmon, continue cooking it for another five to six minutes, until the skin develops a crispy texture and the fish is cooked to the appropriate degree.
- When it is finished, take it from the pan and lay it aside to rest.
- Assembling Salad: Chopped romaine lettuce and tomatoes should be distributed evenly across the four bowls. On top of each, place one slice of salmon that has been charred. On top, sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese and croutons. Serve immediately after drizzling with the appropriate quantity of homemade Caesar dressing.
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. It is really tasty, flavorful, and rich in protein all at the same time.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.