Fluffy handmade biscuits prepared with almond milk that are characterized by their buttery softness. This recipe for healthy buttermilk biscuits just takes 8 basic ingredients and can be prepared in less than 25 minutes. A wonderful complement to either breakfast, lunch, or supper!
Ingredients for Fluffy Almond Milk Biscuits
|all-purpose flour||2 cups|
|baking powder||2 tsp|
|baking soda||¾ tsp|
|unsalted butter||7 Tbsp|
|cold almond milk||¾ cup|
|fresh lemon juice||1 Tbsp|
|maple syrup||1 tsp|
Preparation for Fluffy Almond Milk Biscuits
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and preheating the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt should all be combined and mixed together in a large mixing dish.
- After that, add the chilled butter cut into cubes. Cut the butter into the flour using either two separate knives or a pastry cutter.
- You also have the option of using a food processor, in which case you will need to pulse it many times. Continue to cut or pulse it until it reaches the consistency of coarse grain with a few clumps.
- Mix the almond milk, lemon juice, and maple syrup together in a bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- After pouring the mixture into the basin containing the flour, gently blend the two ingredients using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Do not overwork the dough; the desired texture for it is one that is sticky and crumbly, with some little chunks of butter scattered throughout. It is not necessary to completely incorporate all of the flour.
- After turning the dough out onto a surface that has been lightly floured, pat it down to a thickness of one inch using floured hands and then turn it over.
- When you are ready to cut out the biscuits, use a biscuit cutter. Maintain a downward pressure on the dough while avoiding any twisting motions.
- To prevent the biscuits from rising as they should, do not twist them. Continue doing so until all of the dough has been used. You need to consume ten to twelve biscuits.
- Put the biscuits in a single layer on the baking sheet that has been prepared with parchment paper. Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter or almond milk.
- Bake for ten to twelve minutes, or until the tops are just beginning to turn a light golden color.
- Consume while still warm, preferably with some butter, jam, or honey.
You might also love to try Gluten Free Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. These handmade biscuits prepared with almond milk are as squeaky clean and healthful as they possibly can be without compromising the delightful buttery and airy feel.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.