These handmade mozzarella sticks are gluten-free and crispy, and they can be cooked in the oven or fried in an air fryer for maximum convenience.
They are covered in a golden breading on the surface and have a gooey cheese filling on the inside; they are quite delectable.
Ingredients for Gluten Free Mozzarella Sticks
|mozzarella cheese sticks||12 oz|
|gluten-free all-purpose flour||⅓ cup|
|arrowroot powder||1 tbsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
|gluten-free Italian bread crumbs||1 cup|
Preparation for Gluten Free Mozzarella Sticks
- Prepare a baking sheet with a rim by lining it with parchment paper and setting it aside.
- Flour, arrowroot powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder should be mixed together in a shallow small basin.
- The eggs should be beaten in a separate, shallow basin. The Italian breadcrumbs should be placed in a third, more shallow dish.
- If you are using a block of cheese, cut the block into sticks that are 3 inches long and 1/2 an inch thick. Each cheese stick should be rolled in the flour (shake off excess). After that, it is dipped in the egg mixture
- After that, roll the item in the bread crumbs and press it. After the mozzarella sticks are ready, place them on a baking sheet that has been lined.
- Put the mozzarella sticks in the freezer for at least two hours, or until they are completely frozen solid.
- Oven-Baked: Bring the temperature in the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Spray the frozen mozzarella sticks with the oil or avocado oil spray and give them a light coating all over the top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the topping is brown and crispy. Keep a close check on them as they go back to prevent the cheese from melting out of the sandwich.
- Air Fry: Set the temperature of your air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When you are done, cover the bottom of the basket with parchment paper, spread the mozzarella sticks in a single layer across the bottom and then spray them with a small bit of cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Cook in the air fryer for 5–7 minutes, or until the food is crispy.
- At the end of five minutes, give it a check to see if any of the cheese has melted away. Marinara sauce should be served with mozzarella sticks as soon as possible.
You might also love to try Watermelon Basil Salad
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. The very crunchy outside, in addition to the warm and ooey-gooey cheese core, is a combination that will have you begging for more.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.