Donuts made without gluten and covered with a chocolate glaze and a variety of sprinkles; a delicious and nutritious treat! Almond flour, maple syrup, Greek yogurt, and dark chocolate are just a few of the easy and nutritious ingredients that go into the preparation of these chocolate-frosted vanilla donuts.
Ingredients for Healthy Baked Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
|plain Greek yogurt||2 ½ Tbsp|
|almond milk or plant milk||⅓ cup|
|coconut sugar||½ cup|
|vanilla extract||1 ½ tsp|
|super-fine almond flour||2 cup|
|baking powder||1 tsp|
|baking soda||1 tsp|
|chocolate chips||½ cup|
|coconut oil or butter||1 Tbsp|
|maple syrup||1 Tbsp|
|almond milk, plus more as needed||1 Tbsp|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
Preparation for Healthy Baked Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
- Prepare a doughnut pan by greasing it well and preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Eggs and Greek yogurt should be well mixed together in a large mixing dish using a whisk.
- Mix in some coconut sugar, almond milk, and vanilla essence into the mixture. Continue combining until all ingredients are accounted for.
- Mix in the ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until evenly distributed.
- Spread the batter out evenly in the doughnut mold that has been oiled. Depending on the size of your pan, you should get between 8 and 10 donuts.
- The batter should come up to the top of the doughnut shapes but should not cover them completely. Bake the donuts for 15 to 18 minutes, until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- The cookies should be let to rest for five to ten minutes before being removed from the pan and allowed to cool on a wire rack.
- In the meanwhile, in a dish that is suitable for the microwave, melt the chocolate chips along with the coconut oil in 20-second intervals so that the chocolate does not burn.
- Combine the maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract by whisking them together (note: can add 1 – 2 more teaspoons of almond milk until desired consistency).
- After the donuts have cooled, dip them into the frosting, and then sprinkle them with sprinkles. Enjoy
You might also love to try
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try this dish. These airy and fluffy donuts are cooked till golden brown, then covered with the greatest ever nutritious rich chocolate sauce made from real chocolate. The donuts have the ideal amount of sweetness.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.