Greek yogurt, low-fat cream cheese, nutritional yeast, and cheese are the main ingredients in this recipe for the most cheesy healthy buffalo chicken dip. This lower-carb, keto and gluten-free take on a traditional appetizer is ready in about 25 minutes, making it an excellent choice for game day.
Ingredients for Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
|shredded cooked chicken||2 cups|
|unsalted butter||1 – 2 tbsp|
|garlic cloves||2 – 3|
|buffalo sauce||½ cup|
|plain Greek yogurt||1 ¼ cup|
|reduced-fat or Neufchatel cream cheese||⅓ cup|
|lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|dijon mustard||1 tbsp|
|nutritional yeast||3 – 4 tbsp|
|dried dill||¾ tsp|
|onion powder||½ tsp|
|cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese||1 cup|
Preparation for Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Prepare a baking dish that is 8 inches by 8 inches and heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You may use any round or square dish that is about the same size; however, if the dish is bigger than 8 inches by 8 inches, the cooking time will need to be reduced by three to five minutes.
- In a big saute pan, bring the butter or olive oil to a medium-low temperature. Sauté the onions for three to five minutes, or until they become translucent.
- Add the garlic that has been minced, give it a toss, and let it sit for 30 seconds until it becomes aromatic.
- In the meanwhile, combine all of the following ingredients in a mixing bowl: buffalo sauce, Greek yogurt, cream cheese, lemon juice, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, dill, onion powder, and paprika.
- After the onions and garlic have finished cooking, turn the heat down to medium-low and then pour the buffalo-yogurt sauce over the top.
- Whisk constantly until the cream cheese is completely dissolved and the sauce is heated and just beginning to bubble softly.
- After that, take the pan off the heat and toss in the cooked chicken shreds along with two thirds of a cup of strong cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer the mixture very carefully to the greased baking sheet, and then sprinkle the top with an additional one-third cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake the cheese for ten to fifteen minutes, or until it is bubbling and melted to the desired consistency.
- If you want the top of the dip to be golden brown, broil it for one to three minutes longer than normal, then remove it from the oven as soon as it is done.
- Allow the dish to cool for 5 minutes before garnishing with the feta, the sliced green onion, or an additional drizzle of ranch dressing. Serve heated with the vegetable sticks and tortilla chips of your choice. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Sweet Potato Cauliflower Mash Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. This creamy, thick, and properly spicy buffalo chicken dip is made with nutritious chicken. Because it is prepared using Greek yogurt, low-fat cream cheese, and nutritional yeast, it has the taste profile of a traditional cheesy dip.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must-try dish.