These chicken parmesan filled sweet potatoes are a breeze to make and a great addition to any diet. They are created using rotisserie chicken and have a spicy and cheesy topping. The ideal warm meal for lunch, supper, and meal prep all in one.
Ingredients for Healthy Chicken Parm Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
|olive oil||1 tbsp|
|yellow onion, finely chopped||1|
|garlic cloves, minced||3-4|
|marinara tomato sauce||2 cups|
|salt||½ – 1 tsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|fresh basil||¼ cup|
|grated parmesan||¼ cup|
|shredded mozzarella||1 cup|
Preparation for Healthy Chicken Parm Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare your sweet potatoes by washing and drying them.
- After that, use a fork to make five holes in each potato, set the potatoes on the baking sheet that has been prepared, and spritz them with little olive oil.
- Bake them for 40 to 65 minutes, or until they can easily be pierced with a fork.
- When there is just 15 minutes left, heat the olive oil in a big saute pan over medium heat. (*if you want to use raw chicken breast, be sure to read the notes below. *) Sauté the onions and cherry tomatoes for about four to five minutes, or until the onions are tender and the tomatoes have caramelized.
- After adding the minced garlic and continuing to simmer for an additional 30 seconds, the garlic should become aromatic.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked shredded chicken, marinara sauce, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and basil. Stir, then let the mixture simmer for approximately three to four minutes, or until everything reaches the desired temperature.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the freshly grated parmesan along with a quarter cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Stir to combine. Taste everything very carefully, and then adjust the spices to your liking.
- After the sweet potatoes have finished baking, set them aside to cool for five to ten minutes, at which point you should be able to handle them without risking severe burns.
- Make a slit along the length of the sweet potatoes, but don’t cut all the way through to the bottom! The next step is to open the split with a fork and delicately fluff the insides to create room for the toppings.
- Each sweet potato should be stuffed with the chicken parmesan mixture, and the remaining shredded mozzarella should be distributed equally over the top.
- Put them back in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted to the desired consistency.
- Add some fresh basil on top, and then dig it!
You must try Banana Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. These cheesy chicken parm filled sweet potato boats are packed with protein and have a ton of flavor thanks to the sauce and cheese. The filling has the flavor of a traditional chicken parmesan, but it does not need any frying, oil, or breading.
Because of how tasty they are, it is completely hard to discern that they are good for you. I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.