Made with almond flour, fresh lemon, and a splash of pure maple syrup for a touch of natural sweetness, this healthy lemon poppy seed crumb cake is very moist and delicious. This recipe for lemon cake is simple, tasty, and great for kids to help make. It has the flavor of summer and makes for a great healthy snack, breakfast, or dessert.
Ingredients for Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Crumb Cake
|nonfat plain Greek yogurt||½ cup|
|maple syrup||½ cup|
|melted unrefined coconut oil||¼ cup|
|fresh lemon juice||¼ cup|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|almond flour||2 cups|
|coconut flour||2 Tbsp|
|poppy seeds||1 Tbsp|
|baking powder||1 tsp|
|baking soda||½ tsp|
|zest of lemon||1|
|almond flour||⅓ cup|
|coconut sugar||¼ cup|
|zest of lemon||1|
|melted unrefined coconut oil||2 ½ Tbsp|
Preparation for Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Crumb Cake
- Prepare an 8-by-8-inch baking pan by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then greasing it gently and lining it with parchment paper.
- Remove the zest from your lemon, then put it aside.
- Eggs, yogurt, maple syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract are mixed together in a big mixing basin until they are completely smooth.
- Mix in the poppy seeds, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Lemon zest should be folded in well by hand before the batter is poured into the baking pan that has been lined.
- Mix up all of the crumble toppings in a small dish, then sprinkle them on top of the batter in a uniform layer.
- Bake for 38 to 42 minutes, checking the cake with a toothpick every few minutes.
You might also love to try Carrot Cucumber Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try this dish. This healthy lemon poppy seed crumb cake is very light, extremely fluffy, and feels buttery and decadent despite the absence of real butter in the recipe.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.