This chicken and cauliflower bake is elevated to a luxurious level with the addition of a cheesy cream sauce and browned bacon. When accompanied by a straightforward mixed green salad, this makes for an excellent option for families to enjoy on weeknights.
Ingredients for Chicken and Cauliflower Cheese Bake
|Chicken Breast, Skin Removed Before Cooking||17-½ ounce|
|Bacon||4 slice – 6″ long|
|Olive Oil||2 tablespoon|
|Unsalted Butter||1 tablespoon|
|Cheddar Cheese||1 cup, grated|
|Cream Cheese Spread||¾ cup|
|Chicken Broth, Bouillon Or Consomme, Ready-to-serve Can||¾ cup|
Preparation for Chicken and Cauliflower Cheese Bake
- Put the oven on to a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a frying pan, bring one tablespoon of olive oil up to temperature over medium to high heat. After dicing the chicken, put it to the pan, and continue cooking it until it is browned on both sides. Take it out of the pan and put it to the side.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the cauliflower in a pan and cover it with water. Continue cooking when the cauliflower is tender. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes, or until vegetables are just soft. The water should be drained, then placed aside.
- After adding the last of the oil to the pan, roughly chop the bacon and set it aside. Cook until browned all over, then arrange in an oven dish together with the chicken and cauliflower. Cook until all sides are browned.
- To begin making the sauce, place the butter in a saucepan and heat it over a low to medium temperature. After mincing the garlic, put it to the pan and let it sweat until it becomes soft. Mix in the cream cheese, then add the stock and the ground nutmeg. To blend, give it a good stir. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook until the cream cheese has completely melted and the sauce has become smooth. After adding half of the grated cheese, mix it into the sauce until it is completely melted and smooth.
- The chicken, bacon, and cauliflower should be covered with the sauce, and the remaining grated cheese should be sprinkled on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown, until everything is cooked through.
You might also love to try Keto Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
This recipe can be prepared in a flash, and it’s a cinch to enjoy! When you’ve got a yearning for mac & cheese, this is a good alternative. The sauce was uncomplicated and, to my delight, quite tasty.
It earns a flawless five stars from me. I really enjoy making this dish.