The easiest and most juicy pulled pork made in a slow cooker requires only five minutes of preparation time, after which you simply set it and forget it in the slow cooker. This dish is perfect for feeding a large group of people as well as for meal preparation because it is gluten-free, Paleo, keto, and whole30 compliant. This is without a doubt the best recipe for pulled pork.
Ingredients for Pulled Pork
|Pork butt, (also known as boston butt. Can also use pork shoulder)||4lb|
|Garlic powder||1 tbsp|
|Onion powder||1 tbsp|
|Chili powder||1 tbsp|
|Smoked paprika||1 tbsp|
|Chicken broth||1 cup|
Preparation for Pulled Pork
- To prepare the spice rub, put all of the seasonings into a small bowl and mix them together very thoroughly.
- Put the meat in the slow cooker and turn it on low. Applying the spice rub all over the meat using a massaging motion. If you purchase a smaller cut of meat, there is a chance that you will have some meat left over.
- If you have the time, cover the meat and place it in the refrigerator for at least three hours and up to twenty-four in order to allow the rub to fully penetrate the meat. If you are going to make preparations in advance, my advice is to let the rub settle in. If you’re short on time, all you need to do is season the pork and get the stove going.
- Once you are ready to prepare the meal, pour the chicken stock into the slow cooker and set the temperature to low. Cook the meal for 8 to 10 hours.
- Shred using two forks, tongs, or both, and then serve. When you serve the pork, you can drizzle some of the liquids that have been cooking in the slow cooker over it.
You might also love to try Creamy Garlic Chicken Soup Recipe
Because it is so juicy and soft when it is finished, the pork is very easy to shred with a fork. Made with common, uncomplicated spices and herbs. I really enjoy making this dish.
I will give it a score of 5/5.