Stuffed bell peppers with ground turkey, kale, and quinoa for a hearty Mexican dish that is created with basic and wholesome ingredients like maize, bell peppers, and ground turkey. This quick and easy meal is not only delicious but also filled with protein, is gluten-free, and can be done in just thirty minutes.
Ingredients for Mexican Turkey Kale Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
|quinoa, uncooked||½ cup|
|red bell peppers||8|
|extra-virgin olive oil||1 – 2 Tbsp|
|yellow onion, finely chopped||1|
|lean ground turkey||1 lb|
|taco seasoning, more to taste||1 Tbsp|
|salt, more to taste||1 tsp|
|black pepper||1 tsp|
|whole kernel sweet corn, drained||1 can|
|fresh kale, stems removed and chopped||1 cup|
|fresh cilantro, finely chopped||¼ cup|
|shredded cheese, cheddar or Mexican blend||½ cup|
Preparation for Mexican Turkey Kale Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow the directions on the quinoa box to prepare it, then put it aside.
- In the meanwhile, fill a big, deep pot with two cups of water and bring it to a simmer. First, prepare the bell peppers by cutting off the tops and discarding the seeds. Next, cut the tops into small pieces and put them aside.
- After placing the peppers with the open side down into the water that is boiling, cover the pot, and allow the peppers to simmer for six to eight minutes. After the bell peppers have finished cooking, remove them from the water and place them to the side.
- The olive oil should be heated to medium in a second big saute pan. Add some yellow onion and bell pepper tops that have been sliced into small pieces. Keep cooking for another three to four minutes, or until the onions have become transparent.
- Add the ground turkey and, using a stirring tool, break it up into smaller pieces while it cooks for another two to three minutes. Mix in taco seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in some chopped kale, some cooked quinoa, and some fresh cilantro once the sweet corn has been rinsed. Continue to cook for a total of 2 minutes.
- First, give the spices a taste, and then, if necessary, tweak them by adding more salt, paprika, or taco seasoning. Take the dish away from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese in a slow and even manner.
- Return a portion of the turkey stuffing in the cavity of each bell pepper, and then place the peppers back into the deep saute pan in which they were cooked.
- On top, sprinkle some more cheese, and then set the dish in the oven for three to four minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Fresh cilantro should be sprinkled on top, and it should be served right away with some salsa, sliced avocado, guacamole, or chips. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. They are ridiculously simple to create in less than half an hour, yet look and feel quite elegant, and they will wow your family.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.