These baked Italian zucchini turkey meatballs are not only gluten-free and keto-friendly, but they are also very juicy and moist thanks to the use of zucchini. These delectable meatballs are minimal in carbohydrates since they do not use bread crumbs or eggs. The quickest and healthiest meal you can make throughout the week!
Ingredients for Zucchini Turkey Meatballs
|ground turkey||1 lb|
|zucchin /after excess liquid remove||1/1 cup|
|diced yellow onion, finely diced||⅓ cup|
|dijon mustard||1 tsp|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
|onion powder||½ tsp|
|dried oregano||½ tsp|
|crushed red pepper flakes, optional||½ tsp|
|salt, or to taste||1 tsp|
|ground pepper, or to taste||½ tsp|
|pasta (For Serving)||8oz|
|marinara sauce (For Serving)||3 cups|
Preparation for Zucchini Turkey Meatballs
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the zucchini into a fine shred by using a box grater. Remove moisture by layering paper towels, using a cheesecloth milk bag, or squeezing the cheesecloth.
- You might also use a hand strainer and push down forcefully with a spoon while holding it over a sink in order to extract all of the liquid.
- In a large mixing basin, combine all of the ingredients.
- Make between 20 and 24 tiny meatballs, about the size of golf balls, and equally arrange them on the baking sheet that has been prepared.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the exterior is cooked through and slightly browned and the inside is still raw.
- During this time, prepare the pasta in accordance with the directions provided on the box by cooking it in a big pot on the stovetop, draining it, and then mixing it with the marinara sauce in the same pot.
- Take the meatballs out of the oven and add them to the saucepan containing the spaghetti. Combine everything, then cook it up until the sauce is warm.
- Parmesan cheese and fresh basil should be sprinkled over top before serving.
You might also love to try Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. These low-carb turkey meatballs without breadcrumbs are going to become one of your go-to dinners, so be ready for that! They have the most incredible tenderness, juiciness, and moisture, and their taste is unrivaled.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.