Mushroom Masala is an easy and delectable Indian Curry that can be made in an Instant Pot or a Stovetop pot using onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and peas in addition to spices. Restaurants provide this dish.
Ingredients for Mushroom Masala
|Organic white mushrooms sliced (about 3 cups)||8 oz|
|Green peas (optional)||1/2 cup|
|Coconut oil||2 tbsp|
|Red onion roughly diced (about 1 cup)||1medium|
|Ginger chopped||1 inch|
|Tomatoes roughly diced||2 large|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|salt to taste|
|Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) crushed (optional)||1.5 tsp|
|Cilantro chopped||2 tbsp|
|Cashews soaked in hot water for 10-15 minutes and then blended to a smooth paste with ¼ cup water||10-12|
Preparation for Mushroom Masala
- In order to make cashew paste, begin by soaking 10 to 12 cashews in boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes. After that, add a quarter cup of water and purée everything in a blender until you have a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- In order to make a smooth puree, add chopped onions, diced tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and green chile to a blender. Blend the ingredients together without adding any water. Keep it aside.
- Put the Instant Pot into the SAUTE mode. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and wait for them to pop.
- After that, stir in the pureed mixture of onion and tomato and continue to cook for another three to four minutes, or until the smell of raw onion and tomato is gone.
- After that, stir in all of the dry spices, including garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric, and salt. Combine by giving it a stir.
- The pot needs to have the bottom scraped and the glaze removed. When pressure cooking, this step is essential to preventing the “burn” notification from appearing on the screen.
- To the pan, add the cut mushrooms, the peas, and the water. Mix the ghee and the masala together carefully.
- Turn the vent to the “SEALING” position, then make sure the lid is securely closed. Choose the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL (High Pressure) setting, and then adjust the timer to cook for four minutes.
- Before opening the lid, wait for the pot to signal that it is ready to release pressure by beeping.
- After that, whisk in some cashew cream, some crushed Kasuri methi, some coriander leaves, and some lemon juice. After two to three minutes of simmering, the curry will reach the desired consistency.
- The mushroom tikka masala is now ready to be served; accompany it with naan, chapatis, roti, or hot basmati rice.
You might also love to try Keto Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
It was so simple, and I was relieved to see that I already possessed all of the necessary ingredients. I adore how crisp and clean it is. You can eat it with bread or rice, and either option is going to make your mouth water.
I rate it 4/5. Try out this recipe for yourselves as well.