This orzo pesto salad dish is loaded with fresh vegetables and mozzarella, and it is tossed in a homemade basil pesto that does not include nuts. You may have it for breakfast, lunch, or as a side dish for a summer meal.
Ingredients for Orzo Pesto Salad
|1 ½ cups uncooked orzo|
1 medium English cucumber, cut into quarter moons
2 cups sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 cup mini pearl mozzarella balls, drained
|1 ½ cups|
|basil pesto||1 batch|
|sweet cherry tomatoes||2 cups|
|yellow bell pepper||1|
|pearl mozzarella balls||1 cup|
Preparation for Orzo Pesto Salad
- To prepare orzo, first bring a big pot of salted water to a boil, then add the orzo to the saucepan. Prepare according to the directions on the box until al dente.
- After that, pour it through a strainer and rinse it under cold water to end the cooking process.
- Put to the side for now. Include Pesto: Include one batch of this pesto, excluding the pine nuts, in the recipe.
- You also have the option of using 1/2 to 2/3 cups of pesto that was purchased elsewhere.
- Assemble Salad: Mix the cooked orzo, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, and little pearl mozzarella balls together in a large bowl until everything is well distributed.
- After drizzling the pesto over the salad, toss it to evenly distribute the dressing. Enjoy!
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. I enjoy grilled peach salads, pasta salads, grilled burgers, vegetarian burgers, and berry cobblers.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.